Explore Information Related to Bangladesh

  • Grameen Bank

Category: Bank and Insurance

Grameen Bank is the world’s one of the most renowned financial organizations situated in Bangladesh. The Bank was founded in 1983 by Dr. Muhammad Yunus. Grameen Bank started its journey through a Project named "Grameen Bank Project". The Project was worked out from a village named Jobra, located near Chittagong University. Once Professor Muhammad Yunus was the Head of the Rural Economics Program at the University of Chittagong where he started the Project to eradicate poor and make them self-employment. Thus, he started to offer microcredit or small loans among the poor people of Jobra Village.

Since than, Grameen Bank has started its glorious journey. Apparently, the Bank offers small loans to the poor so that they can be self-employed and will be free from the chain of poverty. Besides, the Organization is also working to expand banking facilities among the poor people. Because of its glorious success, this microfinance organization, Grameen Bank, and its founder Professor Muhammad Yunus jointly won Nobel Peace Prize in 2006.

Currently, the Bank is owned and served by the rural poor. From its total share, the Borrowers of the Bank own 90% while the rest 10% is owned by the government. Now, Grameen Bank has become a role model for the world.

Contact Info:

Grameen Bank Bhaban
Mirpur - 2, Dhaka -1216
Phone : (880-2) 8011138
Fax : (880-2) 8013559
Email :


Published Date: 17/06/2018

Related Sites:

  • Bangladesh Bank

  • Bangladesh Krishi Bank (BKB)

  • AB Bank Limited (ABBL)

  • Association of Bankers, Bangladesh Limited (ABBD)

  • NRB Bank Limited

  • Modhumoti Bank Limited

  • First Security Islami Bank Ltd (FSIB)

  • The Security Printing Corporation Bangladesh Ltd

  • Bangladesh Institute of Bank Management (BIBM)

  • Pubali Bank Limited

  • Union Bank Limited (UBL)

  • Home

    Top 20 eCommerce Sites of Bangladesh

    Top 20 Business Groups of Bangladesh

    Top 20 Garments & Textile Groups & Companies of Bangladesh

    Top 20 Newspaper & Media Orgnizations of Bangladesh

    Top 20 Probashi Bangladesh Orgnizations of Bangladesh

    Top 20 Health & Medical Sites of Bangladesh

    Top 20 Educational Sites of Bangladesh

    Top 20 Associations of Bangladesh

    Top 20 Hotel and Tourism Sites of Bangladesh

    Popular Blog Sites of Bangladesh

    Popular Arts and Entertainment Sites of Bangladesh

    Popular IT Institutes & Companies of Bangladesh

    About Us

    Contact Us

    Privacy Policy

    Copyright Notice

    © Copyright